The Sooty Show Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:52:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for episodes of The Sooty Show and Sooty & Co hosted by Matthew Corbett! Take a look at our 'Want' list and leave us a message if you can help!

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

What's your favourite Sooty Show episode?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your favourite Sooty Show episode?  (Read 849 times)
blackiecats
Administrator

« on: January 18, 2011, 11:42:11 pm »

Just wondering what everyone's favourite episode from The Sooty Show is? I have to say mine is the 1981 Sooty's Panto episode where the gang get snowed in and create their own pantomine! It's brings back a lot of good memories of christmas time when I was a kid as I always used to watch this episode on the Adventures of Sooty VHS! Infact I likely got that VHS as present one christmas! Wink

I also love the song that Matthew sings at the end of the episode. Very warm and uplifting Smiley

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

He-Fan
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 12:07:31 am »

Chris here...

It's very hard to pick one episode as a favourite, but my favourite character is Sweep so it would quite likely be an episode that he starred in such as "Sweep's Family"!  Smiley 

Another episode that also never fails to make me laugh even now is a rare episode from the 1989 series called "The Hard Sell" - Sweep knocks on the front door of Sooty's house pretending to be a door-to-door salesman, Matthew asks him what he's selling and Sweep replies "Doors!"   Grin

Take care...  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
blackiecats
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 12:03:07 am »

Oh just remembered another episode I love! Millionaire!

Matthew: "Don't get excited, but we've just won the football pools"
Soo: "Can we get excited?"
Matthew: "Yes, get excited we've won the football pools!!!!!" Cheesy Cheesy

Gotta love Sweep's bone car too and despite being the most childish/dumbest he's allowed to drive his own car without Matthew's supervision!
Report Spam   Logged
Sweep4PrimeMinister

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 04:12:57 am »

1970's- Car Wash, where Matthew goes to have his car washed by sooty, only to end up doing it himself, then shortly after it gets covered in kids hand prints, afterwards matthew and sooty visit sweeps Automated Car Wash, only to have it get a load of fertilizer dumped on it after it was cleaned a second time.

1980s- Health Craze. Soo goes on a health food craze after reading "Healthy People Eat Healthy Food, published by Fibre and Fibre.", and thinks everyone should eat a lot of bran. Sooty, Sweep and Matthew dont like this idea and go out to buy food that Soo won't let them eat, only to have it all vanish.

1990s - Sweeps Family. Sweeps Family come to visit Sooty & Co, but causes all sorts of Headaches for Matthew and Soo as they dont realise there is more than 1 sweep well his brothers Swoop Swap and Swipe, then along comes sweeps mum and dad. The episode ends with the all singing the Sooty and Co theme.
Report Spam   Logged
blackiecats
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 04:08:17 am »

1970's- Car Wash, where Matthew goes to have his car washed by sooty, only to end up doing it himself, then shortly after it gets covered in kids hand prints, afterwards matthew and sooty visit sweeps Automated Car Wash, only to have it get a load of fertilizer dumped on it after it was cleaned a second time.

1980s- Health Craze. Soo goes on a health food craze after reading "Healthy People Eat Healthy Food, published by Fibre and Fibre.", and thinks everyone should eat a lot of bran. Sooty, Sweep and Matthew dont like this idea and go out to buy food that Soo won't let them eat, only to have it all vanish.

1990s - Sweeps Family. Sweeps Family come to visit Sooty & Co, but causes all sorts of Headaches for Matthew and Soo as they dont realise there is more than 1 sweep well his brothers Swoop Swap and Swipe, then along comes sweeps mum and dad. The episode ends with the all singing the Sooty and Co theme.

The healthy eating episode I like as well. One of the main reasons is that Soo is allowed to go out and be part of the action! (as a kid I remember getting annoyed at Matthew when he always told her to stay at home! Cheesy ) For that reason I also really liked Marathon from 1987! Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Fuzzy

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 04:13:19 am »

I rather like the episodes where Matthew mentions Harry, especially 'Royalty' with the old photos and Sooty's O.B.E., and 'Izzy Wizzy' with Harry's magic tricks. Nice to see memories like that, and it's very touching the way he talks about his father.
Report Spam   Logged
blackiecats
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 01:05:39 am »

I rather like the episodes where Matthew mentions Harry, especially 'Royalty' with the old photos and Sooty's O.B.E., and 'Izzy Wizzy' with Harry's magic tricks. Nice to see memories like that, and it's very touching the way he talks about his father.

I think Fathers Day would be a great episode as that features Harry Corbett. Such as shame that it was never released on VHS or DVD! However here's hoping that will change Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Fuzzy

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 04:48:12 pm »

I don't think I've seen that one - hope it's on YouTube. It sounds lovely.  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum