The Sooty Show Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:58:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for episodes of The Sooty Show and Sooty & Co hosted by Matthew Corbett! Take a look at our 'Want' list and leave us a message if you can help!

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

Trying to find video

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trying to find video  (Read 886 times)
mollysooty

« on: November 17, 2012, 09:11:59 am »

Hi Sooty fans,

As a child I watched a Sooty video (over and over) and wanted to track it down.

It included Sweep growing a sausage plant and watering it with a water pistol "You shout out to me, i'll nod my head and you squirt it". And children singing a song about career paths 'Baking a cake, baking a cake, into the over and out again'.

Would anyone know which VHS this was on? I recall it being in a studio setting with Matthew.

Thank you for any help in advance Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

blackiecats
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 04:36:16 pm »

Hi Sooty fans,

It included Sweep growing a sausage plant and watering it with a water pistol "You shout out to me, i'll nod my head and you squirt it". And children singing a song about career paths 'Baking a cake, baking a cake, into the over and out again'.

Would anyone know which VHS this was on? I recall it being in a studio setting with Matthew.

I'm assuming your thinking of the episodes with a live audience of children? If so, your likely thinking of a 1970's episode, as all of those were in a studio with a live audience. Do you remember when you watched it?

If it is an episode from the 1970's, then it's unlikely the tape was an official release, since no episodes from that era were have released on VHS. Could it have been a TV recording you saw?

The only VHS that slightly matches the description is The Sooty Video Show VHS, as Sweep magics up a sausage plant in that one. However there is no segment were kids sing about baking a cake in that. Maybe you got that mixed up?
Report Spam   Logged
Endo2005

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 09:49:17 pm »

Hi, this will be the Sooty Video Show - I assume this was a made for video performance of a live Sooty touring production - filmed in front of a party of school children it includes the items you mention.  It was released in 1982 and an edited version of it was released on dvd some time back - I picked a copy of it up in The Works a couple of years back.

Recognise it's been a long time since this request was posted but thought I'd still reply on the off chance the original poster was still about.
Report Spam   Logged
ZachSootyFan

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 10:22:33 pm »

Hi Sooty fans,

I'll see if I have It!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum