The Sooty Show Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:30:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for episodes of The Sooty Show and Sooty & Co hosted by Matthew Corbett! Take a look at our 'Want' list and leave us a message if you can help!

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

Recently starting re-watching Sooty...

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Recently starting re-watching Sooty...  (Read 188 times)
gutt3d

« on: February 27, 2016, 12:00:19 pm »

I'd forgotten how much fun the Sooty show is.  My daughter is now 4, so I picked up a couple of Sooty DVDs to see if she might like them.  She loves them, but I think I probably love them more than she does  Grin  Needless to say I've now hoovered up all the official DVD releases I can find (still looking for the Times promo).  Even as I write this, my daughter is a different room playing with some toys while I'm sitting here cracking up at Sweep trying to put a cover on his book  Cheesy Cheesy

I was born in 1976, so I grew up during the Matthew Corbett era.  Towards the end of the 80s I probably thought I was way to grown-up/cool (but in reality was a teenager, so was probably way too moody/angry) to still be watching Sooty - so as a result I don't remember cousin Scampi (although he's popped up a couple of times on the DVD releases we've now got).

I found this site when trying to find out what DVD releases were out there, and am now quite seriously considering spending a few quid on a decent so I can record from video (and then starting on a mission to get as many video releases as I can find)  Cool  This site looks like a great resource and has already been very useful (thank you to site admins!)  I'll be using the episode guide to work out which videos to get, and will start building my own archive (not for me obviously; for my daughter, you understand).
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum