The Sooty Show Forum
April 20, 2024, 07:48:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for episodes of The Sooty Show and Sooty & Co hosted by Matthew Corbett! Take a look at our 'Want' list and leave us a message if you can help!

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

Episodes I need!

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Episodes I need!  (Read 10464 times)
blackiecats
Administrator

« on: August 15, 2011, 12:52:06 am »

I've just updated my list with new additions from recent trades. Cheers Lisa and Elaine!

I hope so. All I've found so far are some dvds on Amazon, which don't seem to have many episodes on them, but some are better than none. And I have to start somewhere.

When the new series starts, maybe more fans will find your petition, and hopefully the series' will all be released some time soon.

Yep the DVD's are a bit disapointing, considering how many they could fit per disc. The other problem is the episodes are from all over the place! Sad Ok, if you can only release 5 eps on a dvd I'll accept that, but at least pick 5 eps from the same series! It looks weird when the puppets look different from ep to ep! If I find it weird watching different styled puppets back to back, I bet very young kids do too!

Yep I really do wish they would release the early Matthew Corbett series at least, in complete series sets by year, preferrably from 1976 (Matthews first year as host) although I'd be content enough if they started from 1981 (Bangcorn) since most folk are much more familiar with the Sooteries Cottage setting Wink

Unfortunately the more they sit on these, the less chance they will sell as parents who remember it will buy it for their kids and 80's nostalgia fans will get it too. However a few more years and that target audience will decrease Sad It's the 60th anniversary of the first TV show next year, so fingers crossed. I'd actually be happy if they put all the episodes on itunes to download to own. I'm more than happy to burn them to disc myself. I'd definately pay something like £1.49 per episode Wink

I know Fremantle put some early eps of Rainbow on itunes, so it's certainly not out of the question to do the same with Sooty.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 12:59:16 am by blackiecats » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum