The Sooty Show Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:00:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for episodes of The Sooty Show and Sooty & Co hosted by Matthew Corbett! Take a look at our 'Want' list and leave us a message if you can help!

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

Episodes I need!

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Episodes I need!  (Read 10255 times)
blackiecats
Administrator

« on: January 19, 2011, 01:03:54 am »

If you have any Sooty Show episodes taped off TV from Matthew Corbett's time presenting the show, I'd love to hear from you! I'd love to complete my Sooty Show episode collection as much as I can and would dearly appreciate any help in doing so from fellow Sooty fans! I'm happy to trade any of my episodes for a copy of episodes I currently need. I now have all the episodes that have been released on official VHS and DVD covered. In helping me with episodes I need, you are also helping this site to grow in terms of how detailed the episode guides will be!

If you do have episodes I need, but your unable to copy them from VHS or even make any sort of copy at all yourself, please still get in touch! I have traded with 3 people already that couldn't copy their VHS tapes to DVD themselves (including Elaine from this thread!) I can easily copy your tape (s) to DVD for you and send your tapes back with a DVD copy. However if you prefer not to send out your tapes, I'd be happy to cover cost of you getting your tape (s) copied to DVD by a professional service. I'm happy to trade eps with anyone in the world! I'm looking at you Australian and New Zealand fans! Wink So no matter the circumstances, please still get in touch with what you have!

If you have episodes I need, but your not interested in trading episodes then I'm happy to buy episodes I need from you (to cover your time, tapes/discs and postage) Please get in touch and I'll be happy to work out a deal!

Here is my list of episodes (episodes I have are in blue and the ones I need are in red. The episodes that are in green are episodes that have more than a couple of minutes missing or they are in poorer quality. So any episodes in green I'm looking for a better copy! I'm also interested in Harry Corbett episodes as well. I do not have any of Harry's episode at all.

Please note some of the following 1970's eps I have are missing some of the start/end. So if anyone has copies of the 70's eps I have, I still might be interested in your copy if it's more complete than mine or has footage from the episode I'm missing.

-Episode 1 (06/10/1976) (Sooty has had a miniature OBE medal made in order not to be outdone by the recently honoured Harry Corbett) Guest: Freddie Davies
-Episode 2 (13/10/1976) (Harry will spend the next few weeks trying to visit Gerry and his friend Derek in their new home which they move into today) Guest: Gerry Marsden and Derek Franks
-Episode 3 (20/10/1976) (Sooty and Sweep decide to decorate the house, with the usual disastrous results) Guest: Rosemary Squires
-Episode 4 (27/10/1976) Guest: Gerry Marsden and Derek Franks
-Episode 5 (03/11/1976) (Butch gets his big break for stardom when he features with the Sooty-Braden Show Band in conductor Alan Braden's arrangement) Guest: Mel Harvey
-Episode 6 (10/11/1976) Guest: Freddie Davies
-Episode 7 (17/11/1976) (Sooty and Sweep explore outer space from Sooty's spaceship and meet Martians, flying saucers and all sorts of galaxial things) Guest: Denise Coffey
-Episode 8 (24/11/1976) (Harry is happy to pay for Sooty and Sweep's swimming lessons - until he finds out who the instructor is) Guest: Rosemary Squires
-Episode 9 (01/12/1976) (Matthew and Gerry sing Matthew's composition 'Give A Smile') Guest: Gerry Marsden and Derek Franks
-Episode 10 (08/12/1976) Guest: Ali Bongo
-Episode 11 (15/12/1976) (Tiggs the cat gets stuck up a tree. Sooty and Sweep take care of two stray dogs) Guest: Gerry Marsden
-Episode 12 (22/12/1976) (Gerry and Derek decorate their flat for Christmas and Matthew, Sooty and Sweep bring back memories of summer when they take Harry on safari) Guest: Gerry Marsden and Derek Franks
-Episode 13 (29/12/1976) (Matthew is in charge of organising a wedding, so it's no surprise when there are no guests - or even a bride)

Episode 1 (06/09/1977) Sooty's Garden (only have last 7 minutes) (Guest: Rainbow)
Episode 2 (13/09/1977) Sooty's Sweet Shop (Guest: Annette Mason) (only have about 3 mins of the end)
Episode 3 (20/09/1977) Sooty's Boutique (Guest: Ivor Wynne)
Episode 4 (27/09/1977) Astro-Dog (Guest: Ali Bongo)
Episode 5 (04/10/1977) Sweep's Birthday (Guest: Joe Brown)
Episode 6 (11/10/1977) Sooty's Circus (Guest: Dale Martin and Boobsey Dog) (missing around 2 minutes of end)
Episode 7 (18/10/1977) Sooty's Butchers Shop (Guest: Rod, Jane and Roger) (missing around 2 minutes of end)
Episode 8 (25/10/1977) Sooty's Post Office (Guest: Teddy Alexander) (missing around 1 minute of end)
Episode 9 (01/11/1977) Sooty in Storyland (Matthew tries one of Sooty's fairy cakes) (Guest: Roy Earl)
Episode 10 (08/11/1977) Sooty's Chemist Shop (Guest: Victor Burnett and June)
Episode 11 (15/11/1977) Sooty's Film (Guest: Bernard Bresslaw) (missing around 9 minutes in total, start/end both incomplete)
Episode 12 (22/11/1977) (In this edition Sooty and Sweep hatch a plan to avoid doing their homework) (Guest: Kovari) (missing 2 mins of start)
Episode 13 (29/11/1977) Sooty's Antiques Shop (Guest: Freddie Davis) (missing a few seconds of start)

Episode 1 (20/09/1978) Sweep For Prime Minister! (Guest: Larry Parker)
Episode 2 (27/09/1978) Sooty's Car Wash (Guest: Dash's Chimpanzees)
Episode 3 (04/10/1978) Invention Centre (Guest: Ryan Burden)
Episode 4 (11/10/1978) Sooty's Tonic (Guest: Jon Klox)
Episode 5 (18/10/1978) Sooty's Cleaning Fluid (Guest: Annette Mason)
Episode 6: (25/10/1978) (Sooty and Colin the Computer help to make some bread, and then Sooty plays at plumbing) (Guest: Victor Burnett)
Episode 7 (01/11/1978) (Dr Sooterstein builds a robot, and Matthew takes Soo's auntie's baby for a walk) (Guest: Shahid Malik) (missing 2 mins of start)
Episode 8 (08/11/1978) (Matthew visits Sooty's computerised hairdressing salon) (Guest: Wendy Holden)
Episode 9 (15/11/1978) (Matthew travels in time to a haunted castle using Sooty's 'Time and Place' machine) (Guest: June Merlin)
Episode 10 (22/11/1978) (Matthew and co. go to an athletics ground for Sports Day) (Guest: Holly Gray)
Episode 11 (29/11/1978) Sooty's Wild West (Guest: Don Robertson) (missing around 4 mins in total between both start/end)
Episode 12 (06/12/1978) (Matthew asks Sooty and his computerised job centre to help find him part-time work) (Guest: Billy McComb)
Episode 13 (13/12/1978) (Sooty changes his mind reading machine into an action replay dream machine) (Guest: The Looneys)

-Episode 1 (06/02/1980) (Guest: Alan Randall)
-Episode 2 (13/02/1980) (Guest: Paul Fox)
-Episode 3 (20/02/1980) (Guest: Clive Webb)
-Episode 4 (27/02/1980) (Guest: Yuri and Tonya)
-Episode 5 (05/03/1980) (Guest: Mel Harvey with Presto the Magic Rabbit)
-Episode 6 (12/03/1980) (Guest: Dawson Chance)
-Episode 7 (19/03/1980) (Guest: Mr Crisco)
-Episode 8 (26/03/1980) (Guest: Lenny the Lion and Terry Hall)
-The Sooty Christmas Show (26/12/1980) (A Christmas edition, featuring an exploding Christmas pudding and The Cap and Bells Puppet Theatre)

-5th January 1981 - Bangcorn (Sooty, Sweep, Soo and Matthew have bangcorn for breakfast. Then matthew trys to get rid of a mole that is digging up the lawn... but it turns out to be sweep looking for his bone.)
-12th January 1981 - Matthew's Car (In this edition Sooty and Sweep try to help fix Matthew's antique car.)
-19th January 1981 - Hot Air Balloon
-26th January 1981 - Music
-2nd February 1981 - Picnic
-9th February 1981 - Boxing  (missing a few seconds of the end)
-16th February 1981 - Be Kind To Matthew Day

1981 (Autumn series)

-14th September 1981 - Bob A Job
-21st September 1981 - Sweep Can't Sleep (aka Drowsey Sweep)
-28th September 1981 - A Photo For Auntie (aka Photo For Auntie Maude)
-12th October 1981 - Safety First (aka Accidents)
-15th October 1981 - Under Canvas (aka Desert Island Camp)
-19th October 1981 - Saving For An Holiday (missing a few seconds of end) (aka Jolly Hols)
-26th October 1981 - Lazy Day (aka Matt's Easy Day)
-2nd November 1981 - Time For Magic (aka Magic Show)
-9th November 1981 - Connie Comes To Tea (aka Special Guest)
-16th November 1981 - Sleep Walking (aka Sherlock Sooty)
-23rd November 1981 - Unusual Pets
-30th November 1981 - Charity Begins At Home (Chaos breaks out when Sooty, Sweep and Soo decide to launch a charity drive.)
-21st December 1981 - Sooty Christmas Show (aka Sooty's Panto)

-5th January 1983 - Fishing
-12th January 1983 - Hide and Seek

-19th January 1983 - Model Maker
-26th January 1983 - Read All About It
-2nd February 1983 - Fun Being Small
-9th February 1983 - Inventing
-16th February 1983 - Classical Music
-23rd February 1983 - Fat Matt

-13th April 1983 - Alphonse (Sooty, Sweep and Soo want to be nice to Alphonse when he pays a visit. But when they get blamed for his nasty habits they have to think of ways of dealing with him.)
-20th April 1983 - Magic Box Show (aka The Magic Show)
-27th April 1983 - Snuffles (aka Snuffles The Rabbit Comes To Stay)
-4th May 1983 - Holiday Homework (aka Back To School)
-11th May 1983 - Noise

1983/1984

-14th October 1983 - The Dancer (aka Ballet Lesson)
-21st October 1983 - The Stuntman (aka Escapologist)
-28th October 1983 - Under The Sun
-4th November 1983 - Home Video (aka Video Camera)
-11th November 1983 - Body Building (When the local paper runs a competition to find the strongest man in their area Sooty, Sweep and Matthew decide to enter.)
-18th November 1983 - Guinea Pig and the Flea Circus
-25th November 1983 - Sooty Alone
-2nd December 1983 - Football Crazy
-9th December 1983 - Soo's Party Problem

-16th December 1983 - Return of Alphonse (When Alphonse comes to stay with Sooty, Sweep and Soo he brings his charming little sister with him -- but she turns out to be not so charming after all.)
-30th December 1983 - The Magic Wand
-6th January 1984 - All Blocked Up (aka Plumbing)
-13th January 1984 - Fathers Day (missing a few minutes of start)
-20th January 1984 - It's a Cold World
-27th January 1984 - Bring and Buy

-3rd February 1984 - The Brush Off (Sooty, Sweep and Soo have become artists, but like all beginners they seem to get more on themselves than on their canvasses. Luckily, Connie Creighton arrives to show them how it should be done.)
-10th February 1984 - Loss of Memory (aka Amnesia)
-17th February 1984 - CB Radio (missing around 5 mins of end) (aka Walkie Talkie)
-24th February 1984 - Imaginary Pets
-2nd March 1984 - Soo Leaves Home (Soo is fed up with the attitude of the male chauvinists in her life.)

-3rd January 1985 - Treasure Hunt
-10th January 1985 - Keeping A Secret (Sooty, Sweep and Soo think they are good at keeping secrets, but instead, they give the game away, much to Matthew's annoyance. When they do manage to keep a secret, Matthew finds out and ends up in deep water at Windsor Safari Park. He also has to cope with a large whale.)
-17th January 1985 - Matt'll Fix It (Matthew sees himself as the 'fixer' of all time and invites impressionist Johnny More to help him 'fix it' for the gang.)
-24th January 1985 - Superdog
-31st January 1985 - Bath Time
-7th February 1985 - Beauty Contest
-14th February 1985 - Alphonse
-21st February 1985 - Night Time Pranks
-28th February 1985 - Magic
-7th March 1985 - Speedy

-14th March 1985 - I'm Clever Too
-21st March 1985 - Automatic Everything
(aka Automation)
-28th March 1985 - Superstar (aka Song Contest)
-26th December 1985 - Sooty's Christmas Show (aka Sooty's Busy Christmas)

-8th April 1986 - Sootograms
-15th April 1986 - Bad Luck
-22nd April 1986 - Time Capsule

-29th April 1986 - Balance
-6th May 1986 - Money Doesn't Grow On Trees

-13th May 1986 - Stately Home
-20th May 1986 - Connie and Soo (I have around 5 minutes of the middle of this episode)
-27th May 1986 - Ventriloquism
-3rd June 1986 - Take A Walk
-10th June 1986 - Moths (aka Blue Bottle)
-17th June 1986 - Amateur Dramatics
-24th June 1986 - Creepy Crawlies
-1st July 1986 - Star Gazing

-Down Dog
-Marathon
-On The Piste
-Millionaire
-White Lies
-Rabbit Trap
-Bored Games (aka Masterquiz)
-Tap Time
-Perfume
-Restaurant

-Computer Dating
-Health Food
-Cuddly Toys

-The Big Surprise
-School Trip
-Sooty's Magic Lamp

-Good Luck, Bad Luck
-Return of Superdog
-Cellular Phone
-Make and Do
-Overnight Away

-Burglar Box
-Hidden Talent
-Arguing
-Ancestors
-When I Was A Lad

1988 (Autumn/Winter series)

-Matt's New Bedroom
-Bowled Over
-Lists
-Matt Has A Baby

-Moving House
-The Unreal Ghostbusters
-Superdog and the Comedian
-Nothing Ever Happens
-Inventors
-Messing About In Boats
-Royalty
-Get Your Skates On
-Down Under
-Sooty's Christmas Show (aka Sooty's Christmas Party)

-Honking Nose
-Stay Awake
-Radio Control Car
-Golf Crazy Golf
-Grin and Bear It
-High As A Kite
-Sweep's Family
-The Good, The Bad and The Furry
-Fat and 40
-Want A Pet
-The Hard Sell
-In Camera
-A Very Special Day

-Bangers and Smash
-Love A Duck
-Sticky Situation
-Little Cousin Scampi
-Little Terrors
-Just Not Cricket
-Izzy Wizzy
-What A Load Of Rubbish
-Water Sports
-Dyb Dyb Disaster
-Collecting
-Gardeners For Hire
-A Job In TV

-Return of Scampi
-Early Christmas
-Car Boot Sale
-Derek's Back
-Matt Robot
-Hair Today
-Three Men In A Boat
-Only Joking
-Any 5 Year Old Can Do It
-Cars, Boats, Trains and Planes
-Swinging The Lead
-Boarding House
-Bored Games

-Stitch In Time
-Magic Egg
-Back To Front
-Give Us A Break
-Happy Birthday Sooty
-Jigsaw
-Bouncers

-Mechanical Pets
-Hot Stuff
-Lift Off
-Solid Water
-Time Flies
-Fanatical Fun

Sooty & Co:

1993:

-Moving In
-Bubble Trouble
-Splashing Out
-Scrap Idea
-Buddy Jolly
-Staff Training
-New Friends
-Canal Capers
-Clocks Galore
-Bun Fight
-World of Fun
-A Magical Voice
-Sooty's Magic Solutions
-Soo To The Rescue
-Camping Out

1994:

-Sooty's Elastic Tricks
-Pony + Trap
-Chaffinch
-Kennels
-Soo's Spring Cleaning
-Home Alone Sweep
-Speedy Sweep
-Sweep's Little Accidents
-Breakdown
-The Gift
-Shop-Keeping
-Soo's Babies
-Fun Park
-Sweeping Visit (aka Sweep's Family)
-Dog Trouble

1995:

-Driving Us Mad
-Clowning Around (Sooty, Sweep, Soo and Scampi clown around, and Matthew has to join in. Matthew auditions the puppets for the best one at clowning. Matthew gives himself the job, and is the target for four child clowns in Mo's clowning lesson. They decide clowning is not for them.)
-The Documentary (Everyone in the shop is grumpy. A documentary crew arrives, forcing Matthew to be nice when the cameras are rolling, but he reverts to grumpiness as soon as they stop filming. Matthew is jealous of all the attention that Sooty is recieving. Then out on location, Matthew is forced to jump into a lake when Sooty drives too close to him in the Camper. Later, Matthew puts Sooty to bed and sings a lullaby.)
-The Stain Remover
-Talent Show

-Treasure Hunt (Sooty uses his magic wand to tidy his bedroom. In the shop they discover a tape which sets them off on a treasure hunt. Sooty and Scampi go out with a map to locate the treasure, but return to say the treasure is buried at the back of the shop. Matthew swings the pick-axe, only to find a water pipe. He gets soaked.)
-Races
-Can-Can (Matthew extols the virtues of recycling. Sooty & Co decide to recycle all of Matthew's clothes, which Mo takes for her son. Sooty and Sweep take aluminium cans to the recycling centre. Matthew gives chase to rescue his can-safe with £20 inside but he is too late. However, Mo doesn't want his clothes and brings them back, and we discover that Scampi had safely kept the money after all.)
-Extinguishers
-Dig This
-Loadsa Money

-The Visit (Matthew remembers the previous week:- Auntie Maud rings to arrange a visit but it is left to Sweep to write the date on the calender. On that date they all set off for the station: Sooty & Co in a taxi, and Matthew on his trike. Sooty & Co get there first and create havoc in a photo booth, and Sweep makes a station announcement. An embarrassed Matthew takes them home again. Back at the shop, Auntie Maud phones to remind them that she is coming the next day.)
-Sherlock Sooty Visits
-Recognition Factor (first few mins poor quality)

1996:

-Water World
-Dear Diary

-Time & Emotion (Matt loses the first customer Sooty and Co have in weeks because they can't find some chain that he wants. In desperation he calls "Efficiency Plus" to help with the business and Connie Creighton arrives with the Kontrol King, a computer that provides anything and everything. Sooty reprogrammes it so that Mo gets covered in everything it produces. Matt destroys the machine and decides things were better as they were.)
-Inheritance
-Uncle Stuart (Mo brings her Uncle Stuart into the shop for Matt and the puppets to look after. Uncle Stuart appears oblivious to all about him, but when Matt and the puppets play hide and seek he comes alive and goes and hides. Matt, appalled at what Mo will do to him dresses up as Uncle Stuart to fool her. They eventually find himand all faint with relief.)
-The Way We Were
-Buy Buy Everybody
-The Pain In Spain
-Dafta Awards

-Tidy Box
-Matt Alone
-Squatters
-Sooty Market Sweep
-Highland Fling
-An Izzy Wizzy Christmas

1997:
-The Great Race (Matthew and Sooty decide to race across Heaton Park, with Matthew cycling and Sooty, Soo, and Scampi in the camper. As Matthew boasts about how easily he is going to win, Sooty uses a variety of ways to stay ahead. Then Matthew on rollarblades takes a short cut that leads straight to the boating lake and he splashes into it. Finally, they reach the park gates together, but Sooty, Soo, and Scampi win the race because they can squeeze through the locked gates and Matthew can't.)
-Surprise Surprise (Vicky tricks Matt into leaving the shop so the puppets can plan a birthday surprise for him. Everything goes wrong, including Vicky getting covered in cake mix and having to wear a monkey suit. When Matt returns all the puppets are upset because everything has gone wrong, so Matt uses Sooty's magic wand to transform the scene into a big birthday party, and they all have a wonderful time.)
-Shopshape
-Mr Mastermind
-Missing You Already
-Read All About It
-Snackarvan
-Luck Of The Irish

-Think Big (Scampi is upset because he is so small. Whilst all the other puppets are sympathetic, Matt teases him. All the puppets attempts to cheer up Scampi are to no avail. When Soo suggests they take in lodgers Matt steals the idea and gets then to clear out the airing cupboard for a small lodger. Frank Bruno arrives as the lodger and Matt is terrified, until Frank explains that naughty cousin Paul has sent him round to teach Matt a leason for being so cruel to Scampi.)
-Councillors
-Magic Mayhem
-Blind Date
-Twins
-Stars In Their Eyes
-Christmas Special (aka Fun In The Snow)

1998:

-Sherlock Sooty Rides Again (Richard is in charge of the shop. The puppets don't have as much money as they thought and Sherlock Sooty and Doctor Whatsit (Sweep) investigate. Richard suggests they set up their own dectective agency to make some money. Soo tells Scampi to hide something, but he fails to do so. Liana exits for the charity shop, inadvertently taking Richard's notepad with Matthew's instructions on. Scampi is imprisoned for the "crime" but all is resolved when the notepad is returned.)
-Estate Agents (Matthew is thinking of moving. An estate agent (HARRY HILL) calls by, but leaves him confused. Sooty produces leaflets from 'Yellow & Black Properties' and Matthew arranges to view them. It turns out to be Sooty's company! He takes Matthew to some very silly properties: a doll's house, a rabbit hutch and finally to Coronation Street, where the neighbours are very rude. Finally he reads about a property that looks ideal - it is Sooty & Co. He decides there is no place like home and sings "Lullaby for Teddy Bears.")
-Health Risk (Matthew finds muddy paw prints everywhere. Sweep is the culprit: he's digging the garden. Mo enters and Sweep serves her - covered in mud. She is cross and goes. A fax arrives from Health & Safety saying that either Sweep goes or the shop will be closed down. Sweep goes, leaving the others very sad. Matthew realises the fax was sent by Mo and he and Sooty got to find Sweep. Mo full of remorse finds him and takes him back to the shop - for a mud bath. They are all friends again.)
-Moose Loose in the House
-Birthday Boy
-Psychic Soo
-Pulling The Wool
-Lie Down With Dogs

-What Can The Matter Be? (Matthew goes fishing leaving Richard in charge of Sooty and Co. Liana rushes in to use their toilet as her's is out of action and manages to lock herself in there. No one can find the spare key. Richard's attempts to rescue her result in several injuries to himself - aided and abetted by Sooty and Sweep! Everyone now wants to go to the toilet. Matthew returns and is suspicious and shocked to find Richard covered from head to foot in bandages. He produces the spare key and they all fight to get into the toilet first.)
-Nature's Way (Sooty has an aromatherapy kit. Sweep sprinkles some of the aniseed over Scampi, which makes him irresistible to dogs, Sweep falls in love with him, Matt tells Scampi to replace the smell - he uses Essence of Farmyard and they evacuate the building. Mo tries some of the oils and does the Can-Can, then collapses. Connie Creighton enters with a trolley of natural beauty products Matthew tricks her and plunges her into the creams. Sooty magics it away - and it all falls on Matthew.)
-Come On You Blues (Matthew, Scampi and Soo support Blackburn Rovers - the blues. Sooty and Sweep support Griimsdale Wanderers - the Reds, which leads to arguments. Sooty paints Scampi's blue toys red, then Scampi paints them blue again, which ends in a paint fight. Matthew goes to Blackburn Rovers for a try out as a goalie. Sooty goes along and waves the magic wand and freezes Matthew to thwart him. Matthew is unfrozen and back at the shop sings "Come on You Blues".)
-Delgrub
-Rocky 1 (The gang goes to Snowdonia in North Wales, where Sooty proves to be an expert rock-climber, but Matthew gets in to difficulties.)
-Matt Remembers (aka Final Farewell)

« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 08:53:53 pm by blackiecats » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

elaine120689

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 03:10:47 pm »

I have the episodes missing from the year 1992 if you are interested and i would be willing to trade them for some episodes that i have missing from most of the years.

Elaine
Report Spam   Logged
Fuzzy

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 03:07:56 am »

Have you had a look on YouTube? I've seen Lists, Matt Has A Baby, Solid Water, and Jigsaw uploaded there. There may be some of the others you're looking for as well.
Report Spam   Logged
blackiecats
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 03:15:08 am »

I have the episodes missing from the year 1992 if you are interested and i would be willing to trade them for some episodes that i have missing from most of the years.

Elaine

I'll send you a pm Elaine! Wink

Have you had a look on YouTube? I've seen Lists, Matt Has A Baby, Solid Water, and Jigsaw uploaded there. There may be some of the others you're looking for as well.

I want to get the episodes on VHS or DVD Fuzzy. I like to watch them on my TV in fullscreen rather than on YouTube. But yep I'm aware there are eps on there I don't have.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 03:30:32 am by blackiecats » Report Spam   Logged
Fuzzy

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 03:32:51 am »

Ah, I see. I don't have any episodes yet, but I'm looking to get some on dvd soon. Sorry I can't help with your missing ones.
Report Spam   Logged
blackiecats
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 04:04:59 am »

Ah, I see. I don't have any episodes yet, but I'm looking to get some on dvd soon. Sorry I can't help with your missing ones.

There very rare to find Fuzzy Sad Especially anything pre-1986. It did air in Australia in the late 1980's, with ABC showing episodes from the 1970's and 1980's, which is how I managed to get so many of those episodes. I know a girl from New Zealand named Tatum has loads I need, but she hasn't replied back to me since last year and now her website, www.sootyvideos.com seems to have closed as the domain has expired! Maybe one day she will find this forum and get in touch?
Report Spam   Logged
Fuzzy

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 04:26:50 am »

I hope so. All I've found so far are some dvds on Amazon, which don't seem to have many episodes on them, but some are better than none. And I have to start somewhere.

When the new series starts, maybe more fans will find your petition, and hopefully the series' will all be released some time soon.
Report Spam   Logged
blackiecats
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 12:52:06 am »

I've just updated my list with new additions from recent trades. Cheers Lisa and Elaine!

I hope so. All I've found so far are some dvds on Amazon, which don't seem to have many episodes on them, but some are better than none. And I have to start somewhere.

When the new series starts, maybe more fans will find your petition, and hopefully the series' will all be released some time soon.

Yep the DVD's are a bit disapointing, considering how many they could fit per disc. The other problem is the episodes are from all over the place! Sad Ok, if you can only release 5 eps on a dvd I'll accept that, but at least pick 5 eps from the same series! It looks weird when the puppets look different from ep to ep! If I find it weird watching different styled puppets back to back, I bet very young kids do too!

Yep I really do wish they would release the early Matthew Corbett series at least, in complete series sets by year, preferrably from 1976 (Matthews first year as host) although I'd be content enough if they started from 1981 (Bangcorn) since most folk are much more familiar with the Sooteries Cottage setting Wink

Unfortunately the more they sit on these, the less chance they will sell as parents who remember it will buy it for their kids and 80's nostalgia fans will get it too. However a few more years and that target audience will decrease Sad It's the 60th anniversary of the first TV show next year, so fingers crossed. I'd actually be happy if they put all the episodes on itunes to download to own. I'm more than happy to burn them to disc myself. I'd definately pay something like £1.49 per episode Wink

I know Fremantle put some early eps of Rainbow on itunes, so it's certainly not out of the question to do the same with Sooty.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 12:59:16 am by blackiecats » Report Spam   Logged
Fuzzy

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2011, 04:44:27 pm »

Maybe it would be worth sending a letter about it directly to Fremantle?
Report Spam   Logged
blackiecats
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2011, 11:45:41 pm »

Maybe it would be worth sending a letter about it directly to Fremantle?

Possibly Undecided I emailed them loads of times without a reply. Maybe a snail mail letter they would reply to?

and my want list is completely up to date as of 28/8/2011.

Also if anyone reading this thread does have episodes I need, but your unable to copy them from VHS or even make any sort of copy at all yourself, please still get in touch! I have traded with 3 people already that couldn't copy their VHS tapes to DVD themselves (including Elaine from this thread!) I can easily copy your tape (s) to DVD for you and send your tapes back with a DVD copy. However if you prefer not to send out your tapes, I'd be happy to cover cost of you getting your tape (s) copied to DVD by a professional service. I'm happy to trade eps with anyone in the world! I'm looking at you Australian and New Zealand fans! Wink So no matter the circumstances, please still get in touch with what you have!
Report Spam   Logged
Fuzzy

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2011, 03:24:54 am »

Possibly Undecided I emailed them loads of times without a reply. Maybe a snail mail letter they would reply to?

It might do, it's less likely to end up being treated as junk mail. And a hand-written letter can sometimes carry a bit more weight, purely because it's hand-written, which companies probably don't see very often these days.
Report Spam   Logged
Royston

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2011, 07:14:03 pm »

I have a few of the episodes you are looking for but i can't transfer from video to DVD since my stupid Toshiba machine won't finalize discs anymore.  I will list them below.

Photo's for Auntie
Moths
Father's Day
Noise
Dear diary
Lazy day

I have many more episodes but i don't know the official titles so i could have more you are looking for.  You have alot that i need, and plenty that i already have but i need them transferred to DVD.  Please send me a private email and let's work something out.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 04:10:03 pm by blackiecats » Report Spam   Logged
blackiecats
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2011, 04:08:25 pm »

I have a few of the episodes you are looking for but i can't transfer from video to DVD since my stupid Toshiba machine won't finalize discs anymore.  I will list them below.

Photo's for Auntie
Moths
Father's Day
Noise
Dear diary
Lazy day

I have many more episodes but i don't know the official titles so i could have more you are looking for.  You have alot that i need, and plenty that i already have but i need them transferred to DVD.  Please send me a private email and let's work something out.

Hi Royston! Just to let you know I sent you an email about the above! Cheers for responding to this thread!
Report Spam   Logged
blackiecats
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2011, 11:42:27 pm »

List updated again after Royston kindly sent me the episodes which I needed from his collection Smiley Thanks again Royston!

Report Spam   Logged
00na

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2012, 04:56:07 am »

u don't have sootys panto from sooty and co or health risk? There are sum episodes u dont have that are on you tube
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 11:41:34 pm by 00na » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum