The Sooty Show Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:42:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for episodes of The Sooty Show and Sooty & Co hosted by Matthew Corbett! Take a look at our 'Want' list and leave us a message if you can help!

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

Harry Corbett episodes on DVD....

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Harry Corbett episodes on DVD....  (Read 629 times)
blackiecats
Administrator

« on: January 19, 2011, 11:57:38 pm »

Has anyone bought the DVD that contains some Harry Corbett episodes?:

http://www.thesootyshow.com/shop/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=20

I'm surprised that it has been released by Cadell Ltd, as I thought these episodes would be owned by the BBC? Unless they are episodes that were never aired on TV? I saw a clip somewhere of the Sooty's Olympics episode (which I liked) so I might be tempted to get this DVD. Another bonus is that it contains an interview with Brenda Longman Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

He-Fan
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 04:00:19 pm »

Chris here...

I had no idea this even existed!!  Shocked  I've just ordered it through the Sooty shop, so I'll let you know what it's like!  Wink

Take care...  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
beccabear

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 06:19:16 am »

I bought the two volumes and really enjoyed seeing the four filmed episodes and extra framing stuff by Richard & co. It's nice to have around to show people what a genius Harry Corbett was (I love the scene where Sooty is typing then takes his specs off to answer the telephone, puts that down to take a message and then hangs up, puts the specs on again and resumes typing). Since then I've seen there are three volumes with different covers but volume 1 & 2 seem to have the same contents, and 3 has Butch and Sooty in a boxing arena which I saw on YouTube.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum